> "Car Show" at Pluckers?
Stephen
post Dec 7 2011, 02:05 PM
Post #1

ATGO Addict

Group: Members
Member No.: 97

Tech Writer

Would there be any interest in doing this? Maybe open it up to multiple clubs (AFB/Mustangs/Diesels)to increase sale volume ability for Pluckers. I have a connection at the Round Rock store (it was her idea) & can get something set up with them for Food/Drink discounts through their Marketing Manager. The weather is kind of too late to do it now, but maybe in March & give us plenty of time to spread the word?

--------------------
My 4Sale Stuff

Harwood Cowl Induction hood~4th gen rear wing~Ground Control Weight Jacks front & rear~180 deg thermostat~TSP Rumbler Magnaflow cat-back~UMI rod ended LCAs & PHB~275/315 17" ROH Snypers~"custom" CAI~Alson SFCs~IROC Wonderbar~UMI Billet tie rod adjusters~Sylvania Silver Star headlights & fog lights (fog light shield removed~Fogs w/Highs on mod

2" shackle drop rear~Volant CAI~Dynomax 39310 Ultra Flow Cat-back~JVC single DIN USB port deck~Duplicolor exterior paint matched interior pieces
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
58mark
post Dec 7 2011, 04:04 PM
Post #2

ATGO Frequent

Member No.: 659

I'm coming down to austin sometime this month to scout locations for the roundup

I'll make sure I check it out as a possibility

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stephen
post Dec 7 2011, 04:14 PM
Post #3

ATGO Addict

Tech Writer

This wasn't for the Roundup. Just something she wanted to do & asked me about doing it.

We just thought that the cold weather right now might not make it a good time to do it right now.

--------------------
My 4Sale Stuff

Harwood Cowl Induction hood~4th gen rear wing~Ground Control Weight Jacks front & rear~180 deg thermostat~TSP Rumbler Magnaflow cat-back~UMI rod ended LCAs & PHB~275/315 17" ROH Snypers~"custom" CAI~Alson SFCs~IROC Wonderbar~UMI Billet tie rod adjusters~Sylvania Silver Star headlights & fog lights (fog light shield removed~Fogs w/Highs on mod

2" shackle drop rear~Volant CAI~Dynomax 39310 Ultra Flow Cat-back~JVC single DIN USB port deck~Duplicolor exterior paint matched interior pieces

+Quote Post
58mark
post Dec 7 2011, 04:29 PM
Post #4

ATGO Frequent

Member No.: 659

If you don't think it would make a good spot for the roundup, I won't bother checking it out

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stephen
post Dec 7 2011, 04:52 PM
Post #5

ATGO Addict

Tech Writer

That's fine with me.

--------------------
My 4Sale Stuff

+Quote Post
Stephen
post Dec 8 2011, 10:15 AM
Post #6

ATGO Addict

Tech Writer

QUOTE(58mark @ Dec 7 2011, 03:29 PM) *
If you don't think it would make a good spot for the roundup, I won't bother checking it out

It wouldn't be bad, just not as easy in & out for the out of town people to access it. And since the Management is who started the asking about doing this, and has a 3rd gen, I think it is worth a shot. They have plenty of parking area & Pluckers Corp. has a Marketing person whose sole job is to do advertising & car stuff like this in the past, so they are used to doing it & "eager" to, since they made the first move to ask about it being done.

But they are wanting more than just 1 make/model. More of a "Come one, Come all" open kind of show/gathering.

--------------------
My 4Sale Stuff

+Quote Post
Stephen
post Dec 9 2011, 12:53 PM
Post #7

ATGO Addict

Tech Writer

66 Views & the only person to Reply is the guy that replies is the one wants to take it over like he did for the TGO Roundup?

This is for an AUSTIN thing, not a State thing. If Mark wants to bring the Roundup to it, that is his choice, but there will be all makes & models of cars & bikes there too.

This was Pluckers idea, not mine. I'm just trying to spread the word & see what kind of interest there is.

--------------------
My 4Sale Stuff

+Quote Post
flu_by_u
post Dec 9 2011, 02:57 PM
Post #8

1989 Firebird Formula 350 5.7L TPI

Member No.: 376

I think its cool and a good idea. I love Plucker's. If I can get my car going, i'll be there. If not, I'll just be a spectator.

--------------------
-AKA R.J.-

+Quote Post
StevenK
post Dec 12 2011, 09:13 PM
Post #9

LS1 Powered 91Z28

Group: Founder
Member No.: 5

Tech Writer Lending a hand award Donation award

I saw something about this on AFB but didn't look at it. Which pluckers? You know I dont have my car running, and I've pretty much absent, but I'm always down with checking out big car shows.

--------------------
1991 Z-28 - LS1 & T-56 Swap - 4.10 4th Gen Rear
ARE Stage 1 Heads - 2.02" intake, 1.57" exhaust, Comp 918 Springs
Thunder Racing Custom Camshaft - 224/224 .563/.563 114 LSA
Head Flow Sheet

+Quote Post
Stephen
post Dec 13 2011, 12:01 AM
Post #10

ATGO Addict

Tech Writer

The Pluckers on the northbound side of I35, just noth of the Antique Mall. Same exit of I-35 & through the red light at the overpass.

--------------------
My 4Sale Stuff

+Quote Post
BigBadLou
post Dec 13 2011, 11:07 AM
Post #11

Electrical Guru

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 7

Tech Writer Lending a Hand Donations award

Although that Pluckers location has a tiny parking lot, there is a big one nextdoor so doing a car gathering there would not be a problem.
And the food isn't bad either. We've been there once and had one of the biggest turnouts. (years ago)
In March, I might even have new paint on the convertible so it might finally look presentable again. smile.gif
I'm in.

--------------------
"People suck, life blows, now that's what I call equilibrium!"

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2019 - 11:30 PM