BigBadLou
post Apr 3 2012, 07:47 PM
Post #21

Electrical Guru

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 7

Tech Writer Lending a Hand Donations award

QUOTE(Stephen @ Apr 3 2012, 07:37 PM) *
You want even funnier for asking them to drive in the heat, just ask them to drive on roads if ice is reported ANYWHERE near Austin! LOL

That applies to most Texans, not only the city in the middle. Just ask them to drive on WATER! lol.gif Ice and snow logically shut down most of Texas due to expected lack of gravel trucks and snow plows. But the ratio of accidents on rainy days over sunny days is unbelievable.

--------------------
"People suck, life blows, now that's what I call equilibrium!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigBadLou
post Apr 3 2012, 07:49 PM
Post #22

Electrical Guru

QUOTE(Stephen @ Apr 3 2012, 07:40 PM) *
I just figured that since North Austin is pretty equal to DFW & Houston yet far from El Paso. Move it West of Austin, not East, and we could help to include El Paso.

Where did you have in mind originally? Fredericksburg or the area? Or even better: one of the lakes?

How big is the chapter in El Paso? I never had the honor of meeting anybody from there, it's pretty far for me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
2fast4love
post Apr 4 2012, 07:48 AM
Post #23

ATGO Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 420

I will be there in my non ac, nor heat insulated third gen. I've driven it to corpus before as well in the dead of summer. I planned ahead I drove at 5 am to beat the heat, now my only question if I will be carbed or fuel injected. See you there rj.

+Quote Post
one92rs
post Apr 4 2012, 02:46 PM
Post #24

ATGO Post-Lazy

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(2fast4love @ Apr 4 2012, 07:48 AM) *
I will be there in my non ac, nor heat insulated third gen. I've driven it to corpus before as well in the dead of summer. I planned ahead I drove at 5 am to beat the heat, now my only question if I will be carbed or fuel injected. See you there rj.

cool ill put you on the attending list.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Albani
post Apr 4 2012, 04:04 PM
Post #25

Car Crazy Canadian

Member No.: 317

Just thought i'd throw it out there....if anyone around here can't make it to the Round Up, but would like their car to represent, I'd be more than happy to drive it out there and show it off. I'll be careful, I promise. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Albani
post Apr 4 2012, 04:05 PM
Post #26

Car Crazy Canadian

Member No.: 317

QUOTE(Albani @ Apr 4 2012, 04:04 PM) *
Just thought i'd throw it out there....if anyone around here can't make it to the Round Up, but would like their car to represent, I'd be more than happy to drive it out there and show it off. I'll be careful, I promise. smile.gif

Even if your A/C ain't working. smile.gif

+Quote Post
marc
post Apr 4 2012, 04:50 PM
Post #27

ATGO Frequent

Member No.: 194

I just wanted to drop in and say that I won't be attending this year my wife and I are expecting our first son to be born between June and July and though I would love to go I can't let the wife travel in the truck for a 6 hour round trip being 8 or 9 months pregnant smile.gif Maybe I will catch it next year and I'll be plus two lol

--------------------
Marc

+Quote Post
one92rs
post Apr 4 2012, 04:55 PM
Post #28

ATGO Post-Lazy

QUOTE(marc @ Apr 4 2012, 04:50 PM) *
I just wanted to drop in and say that I won't be attending this year my wife and I are expecting our first son to be born between June and July and though I would love to go I can't let the wife travel in the truck for a 6 hour round trip being 8 or 9 months pregnant smile.gif Maybe I will catch it next year and I'll be plus two lol

get that little one into the world and buy her or him a thirdgen early. best of luck to you both buddy.

--------------------

+Quote Post
flu_by_u
post Apr 4 2012, 05:08 PM
Post #29

1989 Firebird Formula 350 5.7L TPI

Member No.: 376

My is wife prego too and I still don't know how I'm going to tell her that we're going to Houston in my Camaro! Lol

--------------------
-AKA R.J.-

+Quote Post
Eddy
post Apr 4 2012, 06:47 PM
Post #30

Fabricator

Member No.: 272

QUOTE(flu_by_u @ Apr 4 2012, 04:08 PM) *
My is wife prego too and I still don't know how I'm going to tell her that we're going to Houston in my Camaro! Lol

What? What?

--------------------
1991 Firebird 355/WC T5/3.27 9 bolt. Edlebrock shorty headers, 3" pipe, Hookers Aero chamber, Full WS6 suspension transplant, Lakewood LCA's, UMI adjustable panhard bar, 4th gen power lumbar ebony leather, 4th gen console
Power everything

2000 Ford F-250 SuperDuty 7.3 diesel auto
2000 Ford F-150 4x4 5.4/auto
2011 Ford Explorer 3.5/auto
2006 Chevrolet Uplander 3.5/auto full of tool boxes

+Quote Post
mattb78640
post Apr 11 2012, 03:58 PM
Post #31

ATGO Post-Lazy

Member No.: 1,167

I have connections at Thunderhill Raceway, in Kyle. If I can get something started, say on a weekend with no races, would anyone be interested?

+Quote Post
one92rs
post Apr 12 2012, 04:10 PM
Post #32

ATGO Post-Lazy

QUOTE(mattb78640 @ Apr 11 2012, 03:58 PM) *
I have connections at Thunderhill Raceway, in Kyle. If I can get something started, say on a weekend with no races, would anyone be interested?

i would darn sure go. now how much would it be for each car to go on the track. or how much would be split per car and/or person. and what would be the format on the racing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattb78640
post Apr 12 2012, 09:42 PM
Post #33

ATGO Post-Lazy

It wouldn't be racing, just a few parade laps at a slow speed for opening ceremonies. They did something similar for the local late model Mopars last year. It wouldn't cost anything to get the cars on the track, just the price of admission for the races, $12 for adults, children under 12 are free. It could probably be set up so that we could have a third gen car show, in the parking lot, during the day prior to the races. There aren't any shaded areas in the parking lot but, we could set up canopies for shade. If anyone is interested, I can make some calls, and get the ball rolling on it.

+Quote Post
flu_by_u
post Apr 13 2012, 03:03 AM
Post #34

1989 Firebird Formula 350 5.7L TPI

Member No.: 376

Hey Matt, lets revive the old thread from 2009 since its on the same subject.
Thunderhill Raceway Parade Run

--------------------
-AKA R.J.-

+Quote Post
one92rs
post Apr 13 2012, 05:42 PM
Post #35

ATGO Post-Lazy

ok if we dont get to actually run on the track ill pull out of it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattb78640
post Apr 13 2012, 10:21 PM
Post #36

ATGO Post-Lazy

I don't know about this..... I was looking through the old posts from 2009 about setting up parade laps at Thunderhill. Seems like there are some commitment issues there. I know that this is all for the fun of it, and to get together with local people, that have something in common. I'm really interested in getting to know other people that are into third gens, local people. That's why I brought it up. I'm out there almost every race weekend, so if we would like to do something like this, let me know. I can get it set up with no problem, but I don't want to make fool out of myself, and tell them that I want to set this up, and then nobody shows. I know that I'm new here, and may be being a little forward, but I'm just voicing my opinion. I love my third gen, and I hope that I joined a group of others with the same passion.
On another note, Thunderhill is all about safety. They're not going let a bunch of people take their cars on the track and go full blast, without the proper equipment in the car. This is about showing other people what our passion is, not how fast we can put our cars into the wall and destroy them, and hurting ourselves while doing it. O.k., now that I've got all of that off of my chest, whose with me on this?

+Quote Post
mattb78640
post Apr 13 2012, 10:26 PM
Post #37

ATGO Post-Lazy

If anyone else is interested, lets take it to the old forum http://www.austinthirdgen.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=3937. It seems like the proper place. I don't want to get too much off topic, in this one.

+Quote Post
StevenK
post Apr 20 2012, 10:05 AM
Post #38

LS1 Powered 91Z28

Group: Founder
Member No.: 5

Tech Writer Lending a hand award Donation award

Original post removed.

edit:

I have cleaned up this thread. Discussion about any previous meets or attendance will be removed. This thread is for the people that are attending the next TGR to discuss this event.

--------------------
1991 Z-28 - LS1 & T-56 Swap - 4.10 4th Gen Rear
ARE Stage 1 Heads - 2.02" intake, 1.57" exhaust, Comp 918 Springs
Thunder Racing Custom Camshaft - 224/224 .563/.563 114 LSA
Head Flow Sheet

+Quote Post
one92rs
post May 2 2012, 07:19 AM
Post #39

ATGO Post-Lazy

1 month away people. time to get the cars ready to go.

--------------------

+Quote Post
BigBadLou
post May 2 2012, 07:54 AM
Post #40

Electrical Guru

QUOTE(one92rs @ May 2 2012, 08:19 AM) *
1 month away people. time to get the cars ready to go.

While it would be nice if I could finish sanding my car down and paint it to show off the new coat (instead of spray paint and about 5 Maaco jobs last year), I have hard time doing that on crutches.
And I doubt I'll get you guys to do it for me while I sit there in a nice comfy chair, drinking beer. lmao.gif

So yeah, count me out, my car looks like some of the last year's worst entries - half sanded, half rusted, half primered, half missing. roflmao.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th December 2019 - 07:05 PM