IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dead on arrival, My 92 RS died as soon as I got it home.
Bromark58
post Aug 11 2016, 07:53 PM
Post #1

ATGO Newbie

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,440

I just bought a 92 RS that was running until I got it home. I got it parked and before I turned it off it lost all power and lights. I have attempted to start it but nothing happens. I am wondering if I may have blown a fuse or something. Any ideas as to what to look at?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigBadLou
post Aug 11 2016, 10:36 PM
Post #2

Electrical Guru

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 7

Tech Writer Lending a Hand Donations award

Welcome to ATGO! wchich part of town do you hail from?
Try checking the battery terminals and if they are aftermarket, check also the cable connections. They can often build up resistance and interrupt the current flow at the wrong time.
Of course break out the test light and chase the power, that's the easiest way to find the break in the chain.

--------------------
"People suck, life blows, now that's what I call equilibrium!"

+Quote Post
Bromark58
post Aug 13 2016, 07:53 AM
Post #3

ATGO Newbie

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,440

QUOTE(BigBadLou @ Aug 11 2016, 11:36 PM) *
Welcome to ATGO! wchich part of town do you hail from?
Try checking the battery terminals and if they are aftermarket, check also the cable connections. They can often build up resistance and interrupt the current flow at the wrong time.
Of course break out the test light and chase the power, that's the easiest way to find the break in the chain.

Thanks for the tips BigBadLou. I took the battery out and the negative terminal fell off. Put it back on and used the jump box to fire it up. biggrin.gif
I lived in Copperfield, South Aystin and Kyle. I am currently in the midst of NASCAR country in Salisbury, NC. THAT IS CLOSE TO Charlotte and Concord where the race track is.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th December 2019 - 02:57 AM