Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Performance Sound
BIG_J
post Jan 7 2007, 08:24 PM
Post #1

ATGO Yapper

Group: Members
Member No.: 89

Hey guys I'm having some issues. I've got an 85 plain Firebird. It has performance suspension, and performance sound. I'm trying to finnish up the interror wile i wait for the 20th to get the transmission done. I had my radio hooked up before i changed out the carpet, and now its not working at all. When i did the carpet, i also fitted the tach into the stock location, so i had most of the dash apart. Now i have everything back together, but the radio wont come on, cause the acc wire isn't getting power. I bypassed it, and now im not getting sound. I have looked at all kinds of wireing diagrams, and none of them match up. They all show 2 or 4 speakers, and mine has 6 speakers stock. I guess what im trying to ask, is does anyone have a wiring diagram that shows the 6 speaker setup? I'm trying to use as much of the stock wiring i can.  Sorry this is so long, but thanks for any and all help.  Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BIG_J
post Jan 18 2007, 08:20 PM
Post #2

ATGO Yapper

Well i got it all taken care of. If anyone has a scanner, and wants to add to the wiring diagrams for 85' firebirds, I have the GM service manual. Here is what it came out looking like. Anyone see something wrong with the shifter?

+Quote Post
Travis
post Jan 18 2007, 09:01 PM
Post #3

ATGO Addict

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 78

Lending a Hand

sweet.glad you figured it out..and ya is that an auto handle on a manual shifter

--------------------

+Quote Post
StevenK
post Jan 18 2007, 09:22 PM
Post #4

LS1 Powered 91Z28

Group: Founder
Member No.: 5

Tech Writer Lending a hand award Donation award

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say its a manual shifter plate on top of an automatic shifter  8)

--------------------
1991 Z-28 - LS1 & T-56 Swap - 4.10 4th Gen Rear
ARE Stage 1 Heads - 2.02" intake, 1.57" exhaust, Comp 918 Springs
Thunder Racing Custom Camshaft - 224/224 .563/.563 114 LSA
Head Flow Sheet

+Quote Post
BIG_J
post Jan 19 2007, 12:43 PM
Post #5

ATGO Yapper

my car is still an auto, the shift plate was broke, and this one came with the center consol that i only paid $10 for. Gotta love ebay. The only problem with the 5speed shift boot, i cant get it into 1st.

+Quote Post
StevenK
post Jan 19 2007, 02:09 PM
Post #6

LS1 Powered 91Z28

Group: Founder
Member No.: 5

Tech Writer Lending a hand award Donation award

(BIG_J";p="30398)
my car is still an auto, the shift plate was broke, and this one came with the center consol that i only paid $10 for. Gotta love ebay. The only problem with the 5speed shift boot, i cant get it into 1st.

Simple enough, cut the threads on the backside that is preventing it from going far enough.  Sure it won't look pretty, but it will work until you can get a new auto shifter plate.

Lou, don't you have one in the bird in your back yard?

--------------------
1991 Z-28 - LS1 & T-56 Swap - 4.10 4th Gen Rear
ARE Stage 1 Heads - 2.02" intake, 1.57" exhaust, Comp 918 Springs
Thunder Racing Custom Camshaft - 224/224 .563/.563 114 LSA
Head Flow Sheet

+Quote Post
BIG_J
post Jan 19 2007, 04:03 PM
Post #7

ATGO Yapper

yea Lou, you got one? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Stephen
post Jan 19 2007, 11:32 PM
Post #8

ATGO Addict

Member No.: 97

Tech Writer

I've got a busted one you can have.  It would work good if you can glue the plastic pieces back together.  It's in 3 pieces now.  Lemme know if you want it.

--------------------
My 4Sale Stuff

Harwood Cowl Induction hood~4th gen rear wing~Ground Control Weight Jacks front & rear~180 deg thermostat~TSP Rumbler Magnaflow cat-back~UMI rod ended LCAs & PHB~275/315 17" ROH Snypers~"custom" CAI~Alson SFCs~IROC Wonderbar~UMI Billet tie rod adjusters~Sylvania Silver Star headlights & fog lights (fog light shield removed~Fogs w/Highs on mod

2" shackle drop rear~Volant CAI~Dynomax 39310 Ultra Flow Cat-back~JVC single DIN USB port deck~Duplicolor exterior paint matched interior pieces

+Quote Post
BIG_J
post Jan 20 2007, 10:43 AM
Post #9

ATGO Yapper

(Cranford";p="30408)
I've got a busted one you can have.  It would work good if you can glue the plastic pieces back together.  It's in 3 pieces now.  Lemme know if you want it.

got pics?

+Quote Post
Stephen
post Jan 20 2007, 02:06 PM
Post #10

ATGO Addict

Tech Writer

It turns out it was 2 pieces, one has a partial split...You can see the gray line where I already glued the split back together.

--------------------
My 4Sale Stuff

Harwood Cowl Induction hood~4th gen rear wing~Ground Control Weight Jacks front & rear~180 deg thermostat~TSP Rumbler Magnaflow cat-back~UMI rod ended LCAs & PHB~275/315 17" ROH Snypers~"custom" CAI~Alson SFCs~IROC Wonderbar~UMI Billet tie rod adjusters~Sylvania Silver Star headlights & fog lights (fog light shield removed~Fogs w/Highs on mod

2" shackle drop rear~Volant CAI~Dynomax 39310 Ultra Flow Cat-back~JVC single DIN USB port deck~Duplicolor exterior paint matched interior pieces

+Quote Post
BIG_J
post Jan 20 2007, 04:27 PM
Post #11

ATGO Yapper

damn, someone forget to take the screws out before trying to pull it off?

+Quote Post
Stephen
post Jan 20 2007, 04:31 PM
Post #12

ATGO Addict

Tech Writer

Dunno.  It was like that when I bought the car.  I was going to reinforce the bottom of the twp pieces with metal strips, glue it back together, but I believe it was Jeff here , that had another one, in good shape, so I just replaced it instead.  Ya want it?

--------------------
My 4Sale Stuff

+Quote Post
BIG_J
post Jan 20 2007, 05:34 PM
Post #13

ATGO Yapper

I might, does it still have the metal ashtray inside? I'm missing that also.  I guess i can see if i can get it back together. I guess Lou doesn't have the one from his bird.

+Quote Post
BigBadLou
post Jan 21 2007, 12:09 AM
Post #14

Electrical Guru

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 7

Tech Writer Lending a Hand Donations award

Sorry, I was trying to answer the other day but ATGO went offline for some reason.

I was looking for the piece, couldn't find it in my shed. I'll be doing more digging in there tomorrow so I'll let you know.

Lou

--------------------
"People suck, life blows, now that's what I call equilibrium!"

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th October 2019 - 11:12 PM