> TGO thread lock
Stephen
post May 16 2008, 10:47 PM
Post #1

ATGO Addict

Group: Members
Member No.: 97

Tech Writer

I shot this in a PM to the Admin who locked it. JT doesn't like me anyways, so I don't care if I piss himoff! biggrin.gif
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nice.

Whether it was a Admin group decision or not, doesn't matter. It has been done.

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/problems...re-changed.html

While I do agree a couple of the posts were getting out of hand of DISCUSSION politely, I do disagree with GOD being hidden & the thread being locked.

While the site may be company owned, it isn't a business. It is in PUBLIC DOMAIN. Ownership does not make something private.

I guess we should all throw our money away? It has GOD printed on it.

And, while yes, I AM religous (Methodist), I DO believe in the one true GOD above. I will defend the use & fightthe censorship of the WORD on TGO....

To defend the use of the WORD, I will say this...It is up to the person that hears it, to define it. My guess is, Satanists think of Satan as THEIR god. Worshipers of Allah think of him as god. There are lots of "gods".......by the word.

By censoring it, TGO has brought it to the front. How many complaints of his sig did TGO get, on the use of the word GOD? I'd bet zero.

Would my daughter's name be censored in a sig. Her name is Trinity. You know, as in Father, Son, Holy Ghost...

--------------------
My 4Sale Stuff

Harwood Cowl Induction hood~4th gen rear wing~Ground Control Weight Jacks front & rear~180 deg thermostat~TSP Rumbler Magnaflow cat-back~UMI rod ended LCAs & PHB~275/315 17" ROH Snypers~"custom" CAI~Alson SFCs~IROC Wonderbar~UMI Billet tie rod adjusters~Sylvania Silver Star headlights & fog lights (fog light shield removed~Fogs w/Highs on mod

2" shackle drop rear~Volant CAI~Dynomax 39310 Ultra Flow Cat-back~JVC single DIN USB port deck~Duplicolor exterior paint matched interior pieces
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigBadLou
post May 17 2008, 10:29 AM
Post #2

Electrical Guru

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 7

Tech Writer Lending a Hand Donations award

Hmm, I wonder if they bleep out also the word Allah?
If not, then I'd attack them even more viciously. They can't ban ONE religious word over another! lol.gif
Damn hypocrites. smile.gif

Cranford, I'd say leave them alone. Some people just need to make themselves feel powerful and they have their own ways that we won't understand.
Aren't you glad that our board isn't so messed up? smile.gif

Lou

--------------------
"People suck, life blows, now that's what I call equilibrium!"

+Quote Post
Tamatt27
post May 18 2008, 08:35 AM
Post #3

Chinese Democracy

Member No.: 4

Lending a Hand

It's obvious they did it in an attempt to avoid conflict. I don't have a problem with the admins' decision. TGO is owned by a company, as you stated, and they can do with it as they want.

--------------------

+Quote Post
BigBadLou
post May 18 2008, 09:05 AM
Post #4

Electrical Guru

I agree, Matt, but the funny thing is that they censor SO MANY words that sometimes it's hard to read a post, not knowing what was bleeped out.
And again, just out of curiosity, does anyone want to test if they bleep out "Allah"? lol.gif

Lou

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stephen
post May 18 2008, 09:12 AM
Post #5

ATGO Addict

Tech Writer

I'm tempted to add GOD BLESS AMERICA to my TGO sig, but in a pic! lol.gif They'd hafta specially go in & edit my sig. smile.gif No software would catch that! Yes, I guess I do like stirring things up! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My 4Sale Stuff

Harwood Cowl Induction hood~4th gen rear wing~Ground Control Weight Jacks front & rear~180 deg thermostat~TSP Rumbler Magnaflow cat-back~UMI rod ended LCAs & PHB~275/315 17" ROH Snypers~"custom" CAI~Alson SFCs~IROC Wonderbar~UMI Billet tie rod adjusters~Sylvania Silver Star headlights & fog lights (fog light shield removed~Fogs w/Highs on mod

2" shackle drop rear~Volant CAI~Dynomax 39310 Ultra Flow Cat-back~JVC single DIN USB port deck~Duplicolor exterior paint matched interior pieces

+Quote Post
Randy
post May 18 2008, 11:15 PM
Post #6

ATGO Yapper

Member No.: 336

I'll do it. if you could help me make one Cranford! I'd be happy to. i'm not afraid! LOL i dont really care either way on there descions on it. I'll just do cuz i can! LOL!

-Randy-

--------------------
--1991 Camaro RS Convertible-- (LO3 - V8 - TBI) 5.0 Liter - Borg-Warner T5 Manual - Performance Chip--
--Current Project- Lighter Fluid and a Match... yep that will fix it!--

Previous 3rd gen's:

-1982 Camaro (LQ9 - L4 - TBI) - 2.4 Liter -- 4 speed Manual -- Sold

-1983 Recaro Trans Am T-Top (LG4 - V8 - 4bbl) 5.0 Liter -- (MM4) 4 speed Manual -- Sold
Swaped in 383 Stroker with Holly 4bbl. T5 Borg-Warner Trans.

-1988 Camaro (LB8 - V6 - MPI) 2.8 Liter -- 4 Speed Automatic with O.D. -- Sold

-1989 Pontiac Firebird (LB8 - V6 - MPFI) 2.8 Liter 700R4 Auto -- Sold

+Quote Post
Stephen
post May 19 2008, 12:04 AM
Post #7

ATGO Addict

Tech Writer

QUOTE(Randy @ May 18 2008, 11:15 PM) *
I'll do it. if you could help me make one Cranford! I'd be happy to. i'm not afraid! LOL i dont really care either way on there descions on it. I'll just do cuz i can! LOL!
-Randy-

What's your username on TGO? Got a sig pic already? I can add it to yours. You want sublte or IN YOUR FACE?

--------------------
My 4Sale Stuff

+Quote Post
kewl_blades
post May 19 2008, 03:52 AM
Post #8

ATGO Yapper

Member No.: 8

I had "AMERICA! FUCK YEA!!!" as my location on TGO since Team America came out in 2004. I got a PM from the admins a month ago to change it. LOL

+Quote Post
Randy
post May 19 2008, 09:51 AM
Post #9

ATGO Yapper

Member No.: 336

randy111 is my name on TGO. I dont care how you make it look lol. ill post what ever. I have no fear! MUAHAHA.

See if u can make me one similar to yours if at all possable. i like how yours looks. with the car in it. I have some pics in gallary or i think i have a few more not posted if u need diffrent ones.

-Randy-

--------------------
--1991 Camaro RS Convertible-- (LO3 - V8 - TBI) 5.0 Liter - Borg-Warner T5 Manual - Performance Chip--
--Current Project- Lighter Fluid and a Match... yep that will fix it!--

Previous 3rd gen's:

-1982 Camaro (LQ9 - L4 - TBI) - 2.4 Liter -- 4 speed Manual -- Sold

-1983 Recaro Trans Am T-Top (LG4 - V8 - 4bbl) 5.0 Liter -- (MM4) 4 speed Manual -- Sold
Swaped in 383 Stroker with Holly 4bbl. T5 Borg-Warner Trans.

-1988 Camaro (LB8 - V6 - MPI) 2.8 Liter -- 4 Speed Automatic with O.D. -- Sold

-1989 Pontiac Firebird (LB8 - V6 - MPFI) 2.8 Liter 700R4 Auto -- Sold

+Quote Post
Travis
post May 19 2008, 01:17 PM
Post #10

ATGO Addict

Member No.: 78

Lending a Hand

TGO seems pretty fuckd up these days they do a lot of censorship. Members should just start putting God Bless at the end of everything they say and if they start fucking with the name God shoot them another name for the Creator.

Allah = God...its just in Arabic, the language of the prophets. The same God as Christianity and Judaism The God of Abraham, Issac, David, Jesus, etc..

--------------------

+Quote Post
JohnLarson66
post May 19 2008, 02:03 PM
Post #11

ATGO Post-Lazy

Member No.: 370

I am new to the boards. I have been a member on TGO for a few years, but never post (same user name). I had a 91 RS a few years back.

I saw that thread the other day. I thought it was strange that it could be in the title but not in the signature. Maybe they will re-think the issue.

I don't like their board very much, unless I am looking for some technical inforamtion. That pause for the advertisement before you can see the threads is very annoying. Maybe being a national board, it does not seem as friendly as others.

+Quote Post
Stephen
post May 19 2008, 03:59 PM
Post #12

ATGO Addict

Tech Writer

QUOTE(JohnLarson66 @ May 19 2008, 02:03 PM) *
I am new to the boards. I have been a member on TGO for a few years, but never post (same user name). I had a 91 RS a few years back.

I saw that thread the other day. I thought it was strange that it could be in the title but not in the signature. Maybe they will re-think the issue.

I don't like their board very much, unless I am looking for some technical inforamtion. That pause for the advertisement before you can see the threads is very annoying. Maybe being a national board, it does not seem as friendly as others.

pause? I never see anything odd. Whaddya mean Willis? wink.gif

--------------------
My 4Sale Stuff

+Quote Post
BigBadLou
post May 19 2008, 04:47 PM
Post #13

Electrical Guru

I think, if you are NOT logged in (i.e. visiting as Anonymous), TGO shows advertisements and such. Some boards just show an ad after EVERY post, some boards actually force a pause in the page load where they show a "message from the sponsor" and then show you the thread etc. There are numerous ways to force annoying ads onto people. Afterall, that's why TGO was bought in the first place, to make money from ads. Many boards have suffered the same changeover.

Lou

--------------------

+Quote Post
StevenK
post May 19 2008, 07:41 PM
Post #14

LS1 Powered 91Z28

Group: Founder
Member No.: 5

Tech Writer Lending a hand award Donation award

I stand with the TGO staff on this one.

They have rules, they have filters, and the guy started a ruckus. His thread was locked, and even after attacking the site he was not banned, so I don't see a problem

A TGO is not public domain, public domain is pictures, books, movies, art that are for free use by the public. TGO is a tech depository, a place for people to discuss cars, it is no form "the peoples". Yes, people are the whole reason its around, and the sole place that all the information is gathered, but if TGO decides to shut the doors, thats their call, and all those people's work will disappear.

That said,,,,,

Arn't you glad we don't have shitty rules wink.gif

--------------------
1991 Z-28 - LS1 & T-56 Swap - 4.10 4th Gen Rear
ARE Stage 1 Heads - 2.02" intake, 1.57" exhaust, Comp 918 Springs
Thunder Racing Custom Camshaft - 224/224 .563/.563 114 LSA
Head Flow Sheet

+Quote Post
BigBadLou
post May 20 2008, 09:17 AM
Post #15

Electrical Guru

Right.
That said,,,,,

Why haven't you locked this thread yet? lol.gif

Lou

--------------------

+Quote Post
kewl_blades
post May 20 2008, 11:24 AM
Post #16

ATGO Yapper

Member No.: 8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhdEsqCkVTI

+Quote Post
Travis
post May 20 2008, 02:41 PM
Post #17

ATGO Addict

Member No.: 78

Lending a Hand

QUOTE(kewl_blades @ May 20 2008, 12:24 PM) *

holly shit i never fuckin realized how much they said fuck in that movie.. that was pretty fuckin funny

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stephen
post May 21 2008, 06:53 AM
Post #18

ATGO Addict

Tech Writer

NICE DOUBLE STANDARD!!!

I just found a MODERATOR on TGO that has GOD BLESS AMERICA in HIS sig. But guess what? IT ISN'T CENSORED! No....*** Bless America for a Mod.....

--------------------
My 4Sale Stuff

+Quote Post
Stephen
post May 21 2008, 07:21 AM
Post #19

ATGO Addict

Tech Writer

OK.....The cencorship hasbeen lifted. I know this because I added it to my sig, no ***.

What I DO notice though...My PM to the Moderator has been DELETED. That means a Mod on TGO went into MY PMs & deleted it. I certainly didn't!

--------------------
My 4Sale Stuff

+Quote Post
BigBadLou
post May 21 2008, 08:47 AM
Post #20

Electrical Guru

Aaaaaaah ..... enjoy the beauty of stupid censhorship and oppression ..... while it lasts .....
Oh wait, it's here to stay, isn't it?
Yee-haw! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2019 - 04:46 AM