Reply to this topicStart new topic
> THIRDGENROUNDUP 2012
Albani
post Jun 3 2012, 04:39 PM
Post #61

Car Crazy Canadian

Group: Members
Member No.: 317

So it's a done deal. How was it? I was going to go until I had car troubles friday night.
So only 23 3rd gens? That's all I see in the video. I wonder why the lowest attendance ever?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigBadLou
post Jun 3 2012, 06:15 PM
Post #62

Electrical Guru

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 7

Tech Writer Lending a Hand Donations award

Oh really? 23 cars? Ouch, that's pretty low. I wonder what happened. Last time I heard the update, there were maybe 50 cars registered?

--------------------
"People suck, life blows, now that's what I call equilibrium!"

+Quote Post
58mark
post Jun 3 2012, 07:31 PM
Post #63

ATGO Frequent

Member No.: 659

QUOTE(BigBadLou @ Jun 3 2012, 06:15 PM) *
Oh really? 23 cars? Ouch, that's pretty low. I wonder what happened. Last time I heard the update, there were maybe 50 cars registered?

28 actually, which is more than we had the first year in austin.

We had lots of people drop out with mechanical problems this year. Seems like every day somebody else said there car broke down.
It also didn't help that Nttga is in more than a little bit of a leadership upheaval, so our numbers were about half of last year, even though there was less driving than last year. I made it from the end of the photoshoot in 2 hours and 50 minutes, which is a lot faster than I got home from downtown austin last year.

It was a great meet. I liked being on the grass lot, and there was a ton more shade. People had two different places to choose from to eat, an all the extra raffle prizes made for fun for everyone.

We also had a "top 5" car show with judging done by all registered participants. All in all, I would say our quantity was down but our quality went way up. Houston really supported this outing, and I'm sure the next time we are there the numbers will be even higher.

One thing I did miss from austin was the awesome photoshoot we had last year, but others than that I would say that this year was our beat roundup for several reasons.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stephen
post Jun 3 2012, 08:00 PM
Post #64

ATGO Addict

Member No.: 97

Tech Writer

QUOTE(58mark @ Jun 3 2012, 06:31 PM) *
28 actually, which is more than we had the first year in austin.

We had 33 cars the first year & 42 cars the 2nd year.

--------------------
My 4Sale Stuff

Harwood Cowl Induction hood~4th gen rear wing~Ground Control Weight Jacks front & rear~180 deg thermostat~TSP Rumbler Magnaflow cat-back~UMI rod ended LCAs & PHB~275/315 17" ROH Snypers~"custom" CAI~Alson SFCs~IROC Wonderbar~UMI Billet tie rod adjusters~Sylvania Silver Star headlights & fog lights (fog light shield removed~Fogs w/Highs on mod

2" shackle drop rear~Volant CAI~Dynomax 39310 Ultra Flow Cat-back~JVC single DIN USB port deck~Duplicolor exterior paint matched interior pieces

+Quote Post
58mark
post Jun 3 2012, 08:32 PM
Post #65

ATGO Frequent

QUOTE(Stephen @ Jun 3 2012, 08:00 PM) *
We had 33 cars the first year & 42 cars the 2nd year.

I went back and checked. you're right about the first year. That was a visual count, since we didn't have actual registration that year

Sure it would have been nice to have 50 cars, but Those that were there had a great time, and that's what matters most. Each year things get a little more organized, the awards and perks get better, and the quality of the cars go up, so I'm very happy.

Now, I get to post the general pictures, then go through the photoshoot pics, and then REST

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stephen
post Jun 3 2012, 08:40 PM
Post #66

ATGO Addict

Tech Writer

QUOTE(58mark @ Jun 3 2012, 07:32 PM) *
I went back and checked. you're right about the first year. That was a visual count, since we didn't have actual registration that year

I got both counts from posts you made.

--------------------
My 4Sale Stuff

Harwood Cowl Induction hood~4th gen rear wing~Ground Control Weight Jacks front & rear~180 deg thermostat~TSP Rumbler Magnaflow cat-back~UMI rod ended LCAs & PHB~275/315 17" ROH Snypers~"custom" CAI~Alson SFCs~IROC Wonderbar~UMI Billet tie rod adjusters~Sylvania Silver Star headlights & fog lights (fog light shield removed~Fogs w/Highs on mod

2" shackle drop rear~Volant CAI~Dynomax 39310 Ultra Flow Cat-back~JVC single DIN USB port deck~Duplicolor exterior paint matched interior pieces

+Quote Post
58mark
post Jun 3 2012, 08:46 PM
Post #67

ATGO Frequent

QUOTE(Stephen @ Jun 3 2012, 08:40 PM) *
I got both counts from posts you made.

that's fine, and I admitted you were right.

I'm posting pics to TGO right now, and I already did the facebook page. great pics, if I do say so myself. I borrowed a really nice camera for this event, but the battery dies a third of the way into the photoshoot, so I had to finish with my less nice point and shoot. Live and learn.

--------------------

+Quote Post
58mark
post Jun 3 2012, 08:55 PM
Post #68

ATGO Frequent

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/south-ce...tml#post5292350

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stephen
post Jun 3 2012, 09:08 PM
Post #69

ATGO Addict

Tech Writer

QUOTE(58mark @ Jun 3 2012, 07:32 PM) *
.....Sure it would have been nice to have 50 cars, but Those that were there had a great time, and that's what matters most. Each year things get a little more organized, the awards and perks get better, and the quality of the cars go up, so I'm very happy.

My only thing about the #s is that generally that is what Sponsors are more interested in. "How many potential customers will see our Company Name?" The higher the attendance the better the prizes/more prizes they are willing to give. And the more Sponsors that will be attracted to helping Sponsor an event.

--------------------
My 4Sale Stuff

+Quote Post
58mark
post Jun 3 2012, 09:15 PM
Post #70

ATGO Frequent

QUOTE(Stephen @ Jun 3 2012, 09:08 PM) *
My only thing about the #s is that generally that is what Sponsors are more interested in. "How many potential customers will see our Company Name?" The higher the attendance the better the prizes/more prizes they are willing to give. And the more Sponsors that will be attracted to helping Sponsor an event.

Didn't hear anybody complaining, and the audience that they reach isn't limited to who is there that day, thanks to the website and posts on forums.

We're very fortunate to have quality sponsors, and I would like to think that we give them the credit they deserve for making this event even more special

--------------------

+Quote Post
flu_by_u
post Jun 3 2012, 09:36 PM
Post #71

1989 Firebird Formula 350 5.7L TPI

Member No.: 376

I definitely enjoyed the roundup. The restaurant was awesome, they had a pool and the lake was right there! BIG thanks to all the organizers for this years event. HOPEFULLY we can have a better turnout next year from the Austin crew. This year, we had 3....

--------------------
-AKA R.J.-

+Quote Post
58mark
post Jun 4 2012, 10:37 AM
Post #72

ATGO Frequent

QUOTE(flu_by_u @ Jun 3 2012, 09:36 PM) *
I definitely enjoyed the roundup. The restaurant was awesome, they had a pool and the lake was right there! BIG thanks to all the organizers for this years event. HOPEFULLY we can have a better turnout next year from the Austin crew. This year, we had 3....

thanks for your help RJ! you're awesome

here a short video I recorded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIOcYW_obuI...eature=youtu.be

--------------------

+Quote Post
flu_by_u
post Jun 4 2012, 10:40 AM
Post #73

1989 Firebird Formula 350 5.7L TPI

Member No.: 376

It was a good trip for my bros, cousin, and I. One that's going down in the books!!!

--------------------
-AKA R.J.-

+Quote Post
58mark
post Jun 4 2012, 12:12 PM
Post #74

ATGO Frequent

QUOTE(flu_by_u @ Jun 4 2012, 10:40 AM) *
It was a good trip for my bros, cousin, and I. One that's going down in the books!!!

next time we are at papas we may have to plan a scheduled "pool time"

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th December 2019 - 04:56 AM