Total Votes: 13
Guests cannot vote 
Eddy
post May 4 2009, 07:19 PM
Post #1

Fabricator

Group: Members
Member No.: 272

As most of you know I changed the color of my car to white back at Thanksgiving to avoid harassment from our local and state pistol packing revenue collectors. It looks awesome at 15-20', but I really need to redo it to make it nice. Now that the weather has warmed up enough for the paint to dry in less than 3 days I'm fixing to start sanding again to prep it for the re shoot. I also have a complete set of new weatherstripping that will need to be installed after it's painted.
a
The plan is for a two tone. I've wanted to two tone the car since I've had it. I've decided to leave the majority of the car white....it's kinda grown on me. The top color of the car will be blue. I had originally planned to paint the centers of the crosslace wheels white, but I had them photo shopped blue when I was tossing around the idea of a 30th Anniv. theme and the more I look at the photo shop the more I like the blue wheels.

The trouble I'm having is deciding on the color of the accent strip at the blue/white color break. I played around with a two tone 'chopped pic with my crappy Windows Paint Brush (since I still can't figure out photoshop) for the stripe. I've come up with a few colors that I could go with. I need some help deciding since I'm kinda torn on which direction to go.

If everything goes smoothly I might have it done by the next meet, but I'm not going to do a weekend rush job this go round. There will be some shaving and body mods thrown into the mix here and there.

Here's what I've narrowed it down to....

Black:

Orange:

Yellow:

Green:

--------------------
1991 Firebird 355/WC T5/3.27 9 bolt. Edlebrock shorty headers, 3" pipe, Hookers Aero chamber, Full WS6 suspension transplant, Lakewood LCA's, UMI adjustable panhard bar, 4th gen power lumbar ebony leather, 4th gen console
Power everything

2000 Ford F-250 SuperDuty 7.3 diesel auto
2000 Ford F-150 4x4 5.4/auto
2011 Ford Explorer 3.5/auto
2006 Chevrolet Uplander 3.5/auto full of tool boxes
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Randy
post May 5 2009, 09:28 AM
Post #2

ATGO Yapper

Member No.: 336

a hood sized "Fire bird" in white would probly look killer on the blue hood.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
--1991 Camaro RS Convertible-- (LO3 - V8 - TBI) 5.0 Liter - Borg-Warner T5 Manual - Performance Chip--
--Current Project- Lighter Fluid and a Match... yep that will fix it!--

Previous 3rd gen's:

-1982 Camaro (LQ9 - L4 - TBI) - 2.4 Liter -- 4 speed Manual -- Sold

-1983 Recaro Trans Am T-Top (LG4 - V8 - 4bbl) 5.0 Liter -- (MM4) 4 speed Manual -- Sold
Swaped in 383 Stroker with Holly 4bbl. T5 Borg-Warner Trans.

-1988 Camaro (LB8 - V6 - MPI) 2.8 Liter -- 4 Speed Automatic with O.D. -- Sold

-1989 Pontiac Firebird (LB8 - V6 - MPFI) 2.8 Liter 700R4 Auto -- Sold

+Quote Post
StevenK
post May 5 2009, 10:49 AM
Post #3

LS1 Powered 91Z28

Group: Founder
Member No.: 5

Tech Writer Lending a hand award Donation award

Orange looks best IMHO.

When you get done painting your car every other week you should paint my hood for some money to buy more supplies to keep up your habit wink.gif

--------------------
1991 Z-28 - LS1 & T-56 Swap - 4.10 4th Gen Rear
ARE Stage 1 Heads - 2.02" intake, 1.57" exhaust, Comp 918 Springs
Thunder Racing Custom Camshaft - 224/224 .563/.563 114 LSA
Head Flow Sheet

+Quote Post
Travis
post May 5 2009, 11:04 AM
Post #4

ATGO Addict

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 78

Lending a Hand

I voted for the black but the orange looks pretty badass too. the orange makes it more of a standout car and the black keeps its kinda mellow.

--------------------

+Quote Post
BigBadLou
post May 5 2009, 11:25 AM
Post #5

Electrical Guru

Member No.: 7

Tech Writer Lending a Hand Donations award

I have feedback on the split position. Could you photoshop it a little lower? Let's say halfway down to the wheel wells. The white on the bottom looks too tall and too fat. Lowering the divider line would make it look slimmer and faster.

Another idea: do you see the molded line on the bottom, runnin across the doors to the back bumper? That could be another split, I'd like to see blue on the bottom as well. It might make it look even slimmer.

Now these are just photoshop ideas and if you like it, you can do it in real life. I am NOT saying "do it" in real paint, just suggesting photoshop changes to see what it would look like. smile.gif

Lou

--------------------
"People suck, life blows, now that's what I call equilibrium!"

+Quote Post
Stephen
post May 5 2009, 12:52 PM
Post #6

ATGO Addict

Member No.: 97

Tech Writer

Half-n-half, like this Lou?

That was the first try, until the top half split was tried.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
My 4Sale Stuff

Harwood Cowl Induction hood~4th gen rear wing~Ground Control Weight Jacks front & rear~180 deg thermostat~TSP Rumbler Magnaflow cat-back~UMI rod ended LCAs & PHB~275/315 17" ROH Snypers~"custom" CAI~Alson SFCs~IROC Wonderbar~UMI Billet tie rod adjusters~Sylvania Silver Star headlights & fog lights (fog light shield removed~Fogs w/Highs on mod

2" shackle drop rear~Volant CAI~Dynomax 39310 Ultra Flow Cat-back~JVC single DIN USB port deck~Duplicolor exterior paint matched interior pieces

+Quote Post
BigBadLou
post May 5 2009, 01:16 PM
Post #7

Electrical Guru

That doesn't look bad.

Lou

--------------------

+Quote Post
Eddy
post May 5 2009, 04:14 PM
Post #8

Fabricator

QUOTE(Stephen @ May 5 2009, 12:52 PM) *
Half-n-half, like this Lou?

That was the first try, until the top half split was tried.

Ehhh, I'm really not feelin the half breed vette wanna be look.

Thanks for the votes, but it's still a tie between the two colors that I've been torn on. I was just randomly changing colors of the stripe when I got to the orange. I had to stop and look at that for a while. Cristie liked the black....until I showed her the orange. That's the way I was too.

I think it's gonna be orange FTW.

StevenK--I don't paint it every other week. Maybe every six months. Besides, I'm using my car as the guinea pig to get all the kinks worked out so I don't screw up somebody else's.

What's everybody's opinion on the blue wheels?

--------------------
1991 Firebird 355/WC T5/3.27 9 bolt. Edlebrock shorty headers, 3" pipe, Hookers Aero chamber, Full WS6 suspension transplant, Lakewood LCA's, UMI adjustable panhard bar, 4th gen power lumbar ebony leather, 4th gen console
Power everything

+Quote Post
flu_by_u
post May 5 2009, 04:34 PM
Post #9

1989 Firebird Formula 350 5.7L TPI

Member No.: 376

what would white look like? I know they would a PITA to clean but it may be comparable.

--------------------
-AKA R.J.-

+Quote Post
Stephen
post May 5 2009, 05:01 PM
Post #10

ATGO Addict

Tech Writer

Couple more ideas......
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------
My 4Sale Stuff

Harwood Cowl Induction hood~4th gen rear wing~Ground Control Weight Jacks front & rear~180 deg thermostat~TSP Rumbler Magnaflow cat-back~UMI rod ended LCAs & PHB~275/315 17" ROH Snypers~"custom" CAI~Alson SFCs~IROC Wonderbar~UMI Billet tie rod adjusters~Sylvania Silver Star headlights & fog lights (fog light shield removed~Fogs w/Highs on mod

2" shackle drop rear~Volant CAI~Dynomax 39310 Ultra Flow Cat-back~JVC single DIN USB port deck~Duplicolor exterior paint matched interior pieces

+Quote Post
flu_by_u
post May 5 2009, 05:02 PM
Post #11

1989 Firebird Formula 350 5.7L TPI

Member No.: 376

I say white wheels.

--------------------
-AKA R.J.-

+Quote Post
Eddy
post May 5 2009, 05:15 PM
Post #12

Fabricator

Can you do the orange stripe with the white wheels? And the black stripe too?

...Funny thing is the green wheels really don't look all that bad, but I would probably never do it. I would have done it in 1989 though.

--------------------
Power everything

+Quote Post
BigBadLou
post May 5 2009, 06:46 PM
Post #13

Electrical Guru

Did you get a chance to try my second idea? With blue on the bottom, below the molded line?
Just curious how it would look.

Lou

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stephen
post May 5 2009, 06:56 PM
Post #14

ATGO Addict

Tech Writer

QUOTE(BigBadLou @ May 5 2009, 06:46 PM) *
Did you get a chance to try my second idea? With blue on the bottom, below the molded line?
Just curious how it would look.

Lou

You mean a reverse of my half & half pic? White on top, blue on bottom?

I thought you just meant blue down to the body line/door molding line.

--------------------
My 4Sale Stuff

+Quote Post
BigBadLou
post May 5 2009, 07:28 PM
Post #15

Electrical Guru

QUOTE(BigBadLou @ May 5 2009, 12:25 PM) *
Another idea: do you see the molded line on the bottom, runnin across the doors to the back bumper? That could be another split, I'd like to see blue on the bottom as well. It might make it look even slimmer.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stephen
post May 5 2009, 07:31 PM
Post #16

ATGO Addict

Tech Writer

Instead of quoting yourself, which I already read before, try rewording it. If I didn't understand it the first time, I'm sure as hell not gonna understand the same words again.

--------------------
My 4Sale Stuff

+Quote Post
Eddy
post May 5 2009, 07:52 PM
Post #17

Fabricator

QUOTE(Stephen @ May 5 2009, 07:31 PM) *
Instead of quoting yourself, which I already read before, try rewording it. If I didn't understand it the first time, I'm sure as hell not gonna understand the same words again.

I think he meant white where it's blue and blue where it's white....like a reverse of the half/half pic.

--------------------
Power everything

+Quote Post
Stephen
post May 5 2009, 08:56 PM
Post #18

ATGO Addict

Tech Writer

QUOTE(Eddy @ May 5 2009, 07:52 PM) *
I think he meant white where it's blue and blue where it's white....like a reverse of the half/half pic.

Like you said.....That would just be a reverse. Blue on bottom, white on top. So I would guess he means something else.

--------------------
My 4Sale Stuff

+Quote Post
BigBadLou
post May 6 2009, 08:12 AM
Post #19

Electrical Guru

Oh boy, gotta get y'all learned in Engrisch too? lol.gif

I quoted myself because I thought you missed the description of my idea. And I thought it was pretty clear. But maybe I speak "foreign" and not Engrisch enough. smile.gif

I meant that there could be another split or divider if you wish, on the bottom molded line on the doors, going to the rear bumper.
Meaning that there would be blue on the bottom as well. In plain English: two blue parts, one on top, one on bottom.

I wish I knew how you guys are coloring the parts in Photoshop because I don't know how to do it right in my Paintshop, I'm not sure there's a good feature for it. If I knew, I'd color the bottom and post the picture.

Lou

--------------------

+Quote Post
Randy
post May 6 2009, 09:25 AM
Post #20

ATGO Yapper

Member No.: 336

I think the blue on top with the black strip and blue rims looks sweet. just my .02 The orange stripe looks good as well, but it makes me think 4th gen for some reason. when i see the blue/white/orange it just says 4th gen to me. i dont really know why lol. Not that it looks bad, it look good as well.

--------------------
--1991 Camaro RS Convertible-- (LO3 - V8 - TBI) 5.0 Liter - Borg-Warner T5 Manual - Performance Chip--
--Current Project- Lighter Fluid and a Match... yep that will fix it!--

Previous 3rd gen's:

-1982 Camaro (LQ9 - L4 - TBI) - 2.4 Liter -- 4 speed Manual -- Sold

-1983 Recaro Trans Am T-Top (LG4 - V8 - 4bbl) 5.0 Liter -- (MM4) 4 speed Manual -- Sold
Swaped in 383 Stroker with Holly 4bbl. T5 Borg-Warner Trans.

-1988 Camaro (LB8 - V6 - MPI) 2.8 Liter -- 4 Speed Automatic with O.D. -- Sold

-1989 Pontiac Firebird (LB8 - V6 - MPFI) 2.8 Liter 700R4 Auto -- Sold

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2017 - 02:54 PM