Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shops to Avoid
tt408 black roc
post Jun 21 2009, 08:43 AM
Post #21

ATGO Post-Lazy

Group: Members
Member No.: 513

choice auto at I35 and wells branch pkwy. they charged my gf $250.00 for a piece of exhuast pipe. they would not answer any of my question or even look at me.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigBadLou
post Jun 21 2009, 09:29 AM
Post #22

Electrical Guru

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 7

Tech Writer Lending a Hand Donations award

It would have been a good idea to simply drive away when they gave you that estimate. But yeah, welcome to the American economy and all the scam shop that drive it! lol.gif

Btw, welcome to the club! party.gif

You might want to start your a new thread in the General forum to introduce yourself and your twin-turbo 408. No need to litter this thread (I already did, my apologies).

Lou

--------------------
"People suck, life blows, now that's what I call equilibrium!"

+Quote Post
BlackBetty
post Nov 3 2009, 08:17 AM
Post #23

ATGO Frequent

Member No.: 499

Just brakes off of 183 and ohlen rd.

I've never had any work done there but its next door to my O'Reilly's and they come in all the time and by the crappiest brake pads we sell for their jobs. I don't even mention we carry them to my customers because i'm convinced they are made of sawdust and glue. Just saying, don't go there or they will put the worst pads money can buy on your car.

~JAKE

--------------------
Searching for my other horses...

+Quote Post
Heritage Z
post May 16 2010, 11:13 AM
Post #24

ATGO Frequent

Member No.: 313

Wheel Technologies off Burnet. Took a wheel to them for repair with minor damage. The guy barely glanced at it and said there's no way they can fix it. But his attitude and tone of voice told me that he didnt want to bother with it.
So I took it to Dallas Wheels next. They looked at it and said to fix it would be a piece of cake. $80 to repair the damaged lip, rechrome, remount the tire, and balance.

--------------------
Jeff K.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
92 Z28 - 25th anniv Heritage Edition - Way too many mods to list. SOLD
04 Cadillac CTS - black on black, 20x8.5" Royale wheels, Eibach Pro-kit, more...
01 Supercharged Tahoe LT 12.85@105.9 (before new gears and updated pcm tune) on street tires and in full street trim @ 6000lbs -6.0 LQ9 swap, Intercooled radix s/c @ 10 lbs boost, Lingenfelter cam, LT Headers, true duals, BB pcm tune, Performabuilt Pro-Race trans, Eaton True-Trac and 4.56 gears, 24x10 wheels, 3/5 drop, LOTS more

+Quote Post
Stephen
post May 16 2010, 04:57 PM
Post #25

ATGO Addict

Member No.: 97

Tech Writer

QUOTE(Heritage Z @ May 16 2010, 11:13 AM) *
Wheel Technologies off Burnet. Took a wheel to them for repair with minor damage. The guy barely glanced at it and said there's no way they can fix it. But his attitude and tone of voice told me that he didnt want to bother with it.
So I took it to Dallas Wheels next. They looked at it and said to fix it would be a piece of cake. $80 to repair the damaged lip, rechrome, remount the tire, and balance.

Is that a place local? The wheel you showed me the other day? I saw that wheel in person & it looked pretty FUBAR'd!

--------------------
My 4Sale Stuff

Harwood Cowl Induction hood~4th gen rear wing~Ground Control Weight Jacks front & rear~180 deg thermostat~TSP Rumbler Magnaflow cat-back~UMI rod ended LCAs & PHB~275/315 17" ROH Snypers~"custom" CAI~Alson SFCs~IROC Wonderbar~UMI Billet tie rod adjusters~Sylvania Silver Star headlights & fog lights (fog light shield removed~Fogs w/Highs on mod

2" shackle drop rear~Volant CAI~Dynomax 39310 Ultra Flow Cat-back~JVC single DIN USB port deck~Duplicolor exterior paint matched interior pieces

+Quote Post
Heritage Z
post May 16 2010, 07:53 PM
Post #26

ATGO Frequent

Member No.: 313

QUOTE(Stephen @ May 16 2010, 06:57 PM) *
Is that a place local? The wheel you showed me the other day? I saw that wheel in person & it looked pretty FUBAR'd!

Yea, it looks bad, but to a place that does nothing but repair wheels like Wheel Technologies and Dallas Wheels, it's a simple fix. Dallas Wheels picks up damaged wheels locally from places like Lambs and take them to their repair facility. From my understanding, they have CNC machines and everything needed to repair wheels, even if chunks are missing. If a wheel is discontinued, they can cast a new wheel for you to match the rest of your set.

--------------------
Jeff K.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
92 Z28 - 25th anniv Heritage Edition - Way too many mods to list. SOLD
04 Cadillac CTS - black on black, 20x8.5" Royale wheels, Eibach Pro-kit, more...
01 Supercharged Tahoe LT 12.85@105.9 (before new gears and updated pcm tune) on street tires and in full street trim @ 6000lbs -6.0 LQ9 swap, Intercooled radix s/c @ 10 lbs boost, Lingenfelter cam, LT Headers, true duals, BB pcm tune, Performabuilt Pro-Race trans, Eaton True-Trac and 4.56 gears, 24x10 wheels, 3/5 drop, LOTS more

+Quote Post
Stephen
post May 16 2010, 09:00 PM
Post #27

ATGO Addict

Member No.: 97

Tech Writer

QUOTE(Heritage Z @ May 16 2010, 07:53 PM) *
.........Lambs.........

You won't even catch me inside a Lamb's, much less conducting business through them. Ripoff artists!

--------------------
My 4Sale Stuff

Harwood Cowl Induction hood~4th gen rear wing~Ground Control Weight Jacks front & rear~180 deg thermostat~TSP Rumbler Magnaflow cat-back~UMI rod ended LCAs & PHB~275/315 17" ROH Snypers~"custom" CAI~Alson SFCs~IROC Wonderbar~UMI Billet tie rod adjusters~Sylvania Silver Star headlights & fog lights (fog light shield removed~Fogs w/Highs on mod

2" shackle drop rear~Volant CAI~Dynomax 39310 Ultra Flow Cat-back~JVC single DIN USB port deck~Duplicolor exterior paint matched interior pieces

+Quote Post
WolfmanDave
post May 29 2010, 03:03 PM
Post #28

ATGO Post-Lazy

Member No.: 577

Just Brakes on South Lamar across from the Broken Spoke. Had my brother's truck worked on there a few years back(before I knew anything about cars). They handed me an estimate of $550 for new front rotors and new front pads installed. They do pads and labor for under $100, so this left me wondering why each rotor was over $200 each, especially since they don't use oem rotors. Against my better judgement I told them to do it anyways. Unfortunately for me, they left a caliper bolt off. Immediately afterwards, took a trip down to Padre and by the time I got back, the grinding was so bad, the caliper was toast. Feel lucky to have made it back in one piece.

+Quote Post
89LS1
post Jan 5 2012, 08:55 AM
Post #29

Local Know Nothing

Member No.: 237

If you happen to work in a shop or have equipment with any diesel engines such as:
Perkins diesel engines
John Deere engines
Continental engines
Wisconsin engines
Ford industrial engines
Deutz diesel engines

DO NOT do business with Dr. Dipshit (Dr. Diesel) at Foley Engines. He is the worst f'ing person. If he was local I would of beat his a*s for the way he spoke to me on the telephone. I ordered a part for my Deutz engine forklift and went over it 3 times with him to make sure he was sending me the correct part (a belt tensioner) and he assured me it will be correct. So I paid by CC $171.00 and when it arrived it was not even an engine part. It was a Belt tension gauge tool! Stupid bastard! So I called back and told him I received the wrong part and he said "Write down my name so you know who fixed your issue and made sure you get the right part, Dr. Diesel." I said, "You are the one I ordered the part from when I called last week."
After that point he started talking shit and interrupting me saying it was my fault I received the wrong part. He was so rude while I was trying to get the correct part I told him to go ahead and cancel the order, I will acquire it elsewhere. Then he HUNG UP! I called back and asked to speak to the manager/owner and he got back on the phone to tell me "Your just a kid with issues, stop asking questions!" then hung up again. I have come to find out this is how he does business with EVERYONE!

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!

I was so pissed after talking to him I was shaking, ready to beat somebody's a*s, wanting it to be his! they are located in Worcester, MA

Still have not gotten the return/refund for the incorrect item he sent me as he will not speak to me anymore, he just hangs up the phone!

--------------------
Life is short, have fun and go fast! DONT WORRY!

1991 RS
1984 Z28 LS1/T56 -SOLD
1986 IROC - 6.0/t56, narrow 12bolt, and eventually a set of turbos in the works. -SOLD
1964 C10

+Quote Post
BigBadLou
post Jan 5 2012, 09:21 AM
Post #30

Electrical Guru

Merged your thread with "Shops to Avoid", Ivan, if you don't mind.

Yeah, it sucks. But luckily you paid with a CC so dispute the charge and get your money back. At that point, HE will be calling YOU, asking for the part back very quickly. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
89LS1
post Jan 5 2012, 09:37 AM
Post #31

Local Know Nothing

No problem, thought I saw this thread somewhere but could not remember. Already disputed as well as filed claims with his local AG and BBB.

--------------------

1991 RS
1984 Z28 LS1/T56 -SOLD
1986 IROC - 6.0/t56, narrow 12bolt, and eventually a set of turbos in the works. -SOLD
1964 C10

+Quote Post
89LS1
post Jan 17 2012, 09:14 AM
Post #32

Local Know Nothing

You know, we have been getting a lot of spam on here lately. Maybe the sign up should be altered a bit like frrax.com sign up. Sure would weed out all the spam. You can delete this post with the spam above. Just tossing out an idea.

--------------------

1991 RS
1984 Z28 LS1/T56 -SOLD
1964 C10

+Quote Post
BigBadLou
post Jan 17 2012, 10:22 AM
Post #33

Electrical Guru

Ok, deleted.

We discussed it at length and the decision is that don't want to inconvenience our new members by having to get approval by admin etc.
We used to have much more spammers sign up but we are slowly blocking all the IP addresses from China or India, or anywhere outside of America, for that matter.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th December 2019 - 12:48 PM