Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3.1 swap to a 350tbi, Wiring???
Curtalert91fireb...
post Jan 22 2014, 10:37 PM
Post #1

ATGO Newbie

Group: Members
Member No.: 844

Okay so my POS v6 crapped out so I swapped in a 350 tbi, (Camaro) ECM and (truck)harness. I'm getting power to all of my fuses and all but one sensor (coolant) is getting power, no power to the blue and green injector wires but the red and white come on when key is in on position, the ALDL has no power, and it's not cranking over either!

What do you guys think! Maybe VATS is causing this or would it be that the harness is not compatible with the ECM!
I'm lost.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigBadLou
post Jan 23 2014, 09:32 AM
Post #2

Electrical Guru

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 7

Tech Writer Lending a Hand Donations award

You can start with the basics: find out why the starter won't turn. Trace the starter circuit and that will tell you whether it is VATS related or not.
If your VATS is working properly and the new ECM expects a VATS signal, it should be alright there. If the new ECM does not have VATS in its programming, it is good as well.
The injectors should have power on the positive side (red and white wires) so you're good there. But you should also be able to measure power on the blue and green wires with injectors connected and key on. With injectors disconnected, you should measure nothing, not even ground. Grounding the blue and green wire with the key on should cause the injector(s) to spray. They are actuated by the ECM on the "low side", i.e. the ECM supplies interrupted ground to the injectors. See here.

Let us know what you find.
Lou

--------------------
"People suck, life blows, now that's what I call equilibrium!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2019 - 09:28 PM