Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 91 305 Tbi to 355 carbuteted wiring
lonsway
post Jan 13 2014, 10:11 PM
Post #1

ATGO Newbie

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,309

I am converting my 91 305 Tbi to a 355 carbureted setup. I have completely unhooked and pulled all wires to the passenger side firewall. I was hoping someone would be able to help me by explaing what wires are needed (minimal) to make my vehicle run. If its easier to remove all wires and run off a fused switch panel is ok also. Not running a/c or any unecessary items in vehicle. I appreciate any all all help from yall.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigBadLou
post Jan 14 2014, 08:59 AM
Post #2

Electrical Guru

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 7

Tech Writer Lending a Hand Donations award

Greetings and welcome to the club. Which part of town are you hailing from?
I would suggest searching on TGO because a LOT of members there performed the same conversion you are attempting.

One thing I recall off the bat is that your speedometer and cruise control will no longer work as the speed signal is electronic and it goes through the computer where it is conditioned and split into those multiple destinations.

Other than that, I would recommend you do your homework and find out what important wires run in that loom and what you will be losing by removing them. The C207 would be a good start too. You can find our wiring diagrams here: http://www.austinthirdgen.org/index.php?pid=19

--------------------
"People suck, life blows, now that's what I call equilibrium!"

+Quote Post
lonsway
post Jan 14 2014, 09:40 AM
Post #3

ATGO Newbie

QUOTE(BigBadLou @ Jan 14 2014, 09:59 AM) *
Greetings and welcome to the club. Which part of town are you hailing from?
I would suggest searching on TGO because a LOT of members there performed the same conversion you are attempting.

One thing I recall off the bat is that your speedometer and cruise control will no longer work as the speed signal is electronic and it goes through the computer where it is conditioned and split into those multiple destinations.

Other than that, I would recommend you do your homework and find out what important wires run in that loom and what you will be losing by removing them. The C207 would be a good start too. You can find our wiring diagrams here: http://www.austinthirdgen.org/index.php?pid=19

I live in florida. I did some question hunting.and.this.site.came up on who.would be.good to ask this question to. I am making a race car so i dont really care about losing anything. Just need to know bare minimum. Thanks for your reply. I will check out.your suggestions.

Mike
"Nothin beats a 3rd Gen"

+Quote Post
lonsway
post Jan 14 2014, 05:52 PM
Post #4

ATGO Newbie

Big Bad Lou,
You mentioned checking on "tgo" cause a lot of people have done what im trying. What exactly is that? Sorry if a dumb question. Have been trying to get my car built for many years now. And finally have a fire lit under me again and am excited to work on it again.

Mike
"Nothin beats a 3rd gen"

+Quote Post
BigBadLou
post Jan 14 2014, 05:55 PM
Post #5

Electrical Guru

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 7

Tech Writer Lending a Hand Donations award

I assumed that since you found us, ATGO (AustinThirdGen.Org), you knew about TGO (ThirdGen.Org).
There's your answer. smile.gif
Enjoy the project. I know how exciting it can be when one tears into an engine, transmission, axle, whatever.

--------------------
"People suck, life blows, now that's what I call equilibrium!"

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th September 2019 - 06:53 AM