Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New to the forum
xx138xx
post Apr 10 2013, 05:19 PM
Post #1

ATGO Post-Lazy

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,249

Hey guys i just joined not to long ago. Its seems pretty slow around here but figured it would still be a good forum to be apart of. I bought a 86 Trans am earlier this year. Its a pile of junk but I have been working on it. The previous owner was gonna scrap it cause he couldnt get it running. Someone down the line removed the 305 tpi and put in 4bbl 305 and removed the computer. They did a hack job on the wiring. Im gonna have to completely rewire the all of the engine and under the dash. The one right thing they did was put a mild cam in the motor. so once I got it running it sounds really nice. It still needs alot of work. I need to redo the interior. So if anyone has a gray interior for an 86 trans am for sale let me know. Ill post pic when I get a chance.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Stephen
post Apr 10 2013, 06:12 PM
Post #2

ATGO Addict

Member No.: 97

Tech Writer

QUOTE(xx138xx @ Apr 10 2013, 04:19 PM) *
Hey guys i just joined not to long ago. Its seems pretty slow around here but figured it would still be a good forum to be apart of. I bought a 86 Trans am earlier this year. Its a pile of junk but I have been working on it. The previous owner was gonna scrap it cause he couldnt get it running. Someone down the line removed the 305 tpi and put in 4bbl 305 and removed the computer. They did a hack job on the wiring. Im gonna have to completely rewire the all of the engine and under the dash. The one right thing they did was put a mild cam in the motor. so once I got it running it sounds really nice. It still needs alot of work. I need to redo the interior. So if anyone has a gray interior for an 86 trans am for sale let me know. Ill post pic when I get a chance.

Welcome! Being converted from FI to carb....That may cause you issues come Inspection time.

I have a lot of interior parts, including seats and plenty are grey. Not looking for much $ for them, just to get them out of my shed really. But I'm in Bertram, just NW of Austin, so it'd be a small drive for you. PlusI have a complete dash in a 91 Firebird you could pull the wiring that you need.
My spare parts 4 sale link

--------------------
My 4Sale Stuff

Harwood Cowl Induction hood~4th gen rear wing~Ground Control Weight Jacks front & rear~180 deg thermostat~TSP Rumbler Magnaflow cat-back~UMI rod ended LCAs & PHB~275/315 17" ROH Snypers~"custom" CAI~Alson SFCs~IROC Wonderbar~UMI Billet tie rod adjusters~Sylvania Silver Star headlights & fog lights (fog light shield removed~Fogs w/Highs on mod

2" shackle drop rear~Volant CAI~Dynomax 39310 Ultra Flow Cat-back~JVC single DIN USB port deck~Duplicolor exterior paint matched interior pieces

+Quote Post
Albani
post Apr 11 2013, 06:43 AM
Post #3

Car Crazy Canadian

Member No.: 317

Welcome to the club. Yeah, it's been slow around here, but maybe it will get better with the warmer weather around the corner. Be sure to check out the Third Gen Round Up info in the events forum.

+Quote Post
BigBadLou
post Apr 11 2013, 07:07 PM
Post #4

Electrical Guru

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 7

Tech Writer Lending a Hand Donations award

Welcome to the club. party.gif

You will find a lot of spare parts here if you ask around.
Stephen's got a lot.
I got some engine stuff (TBI and such), computers, wires.

Just tell us what you need to fix your car and we'll try to help.

Lou

--------------------
"People suck, life blows, now that's what I call equilibrium!"

+Quote Post
xx138xx
post Apr 13 2013, 02:22 PM
Post #5

ATGO Post-Lazy

Member No.: 1,249

Thanks for the welcome

QUOTE(Stephen @ Apr 10 2013, 06:12 PM) *
Welcome! Being converted from FI to carb....That may cause you issues come Inspection time.

I have a lot of interior parts, including seats and plenty are grey. Not looking for much $ for them, just to get them out of my shed really. But I'm in Bertram, just NW of Austin, so it'd be a small drive for you. PlusI have a complete dash in a 91 Firebird you could pull the wiring that you need.
My spare parts 4 sale link

The inspection is gonna be fun but I have a plan for that. I would like to check out some of the parts you have for sale. I travel for work so when i get back in Austin I will send you a message. Here soon I'm gonna make a list of all the parts I need. Bertram is not to far either. My mom use to live in Burnet.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th October 2019 - 11:07 PM