Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1989 305 tbi no power to fuel pump
Rod
post Sep 23 2019, 09:11 AM
Post #1

ATGO Newbie

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,541

I have this 89 I just bought,no start condition.I did spray starting fluid and it does run,but not getting power to fuel pump
So far,replace the relay,tested fuel pump at bulkhead connector in back,its does run.Orange wire at relay getting power,oil pressure switch getting power and fuse getting power.Also checked the wires under sill plate,and applied 12 volts from there and it works,but not with the key.So I know wiring is good from there back.The tan and white stripe is fuel pump.Im thinking a ground issue as it has been sitting,But I have no schematic,and im sure there is more than one ground on it..any ideas
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigBadLou
post Sep 30 2019, 11:20 AM
Post #2

Electrical Guru

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 7

Tech Writer Lending a Hand Donations award

Diagram for your year/model:
http://austinthirdgen.org/mkportal/modules...gine_wiring.gif

Did you try using a paperclip (or similar high-tech tool) to bridge the two power wires on the fuel pump relay? Namely orange and tan/white.
If you spray starting fluid in and she starts up, does she remain running? (The FPOPS should provide backup power with the engine running and oil pressure up)

Have you posted this on TGO? It's a world-wide website, much bigger audience than here, in our little dinky town. smile.gif

(and sorry for the late reply, I was out of country on a long trip)

--------------------
"People suck, life blows, now that's what I call equilibrium!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2019 - 11:51 AM