Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ALL wiring diagrams now online - EDITED
AustinThirdGen.Org > ATGO Forums > Automotive Discussion
BigBadLou
It's not easy to find references for gauge wiring. Online or in the books.
I scanned my "special" manual that has wiring for gauges. However, even this manual was missing the gauge diagrams for the 1986-88 models, so sorry about that.

[s:172ad06796]I put up all the diagrams for all the years I could find in a new tech article: Gauge wiring diagrams.[/s:172ad06796]

If you have any questions about the wiring, feel free to ask.
Lou

Since it's not easy to find other diagrams either, I uploaded wiring schematics for ALL years and ALL engines.
The tech article has been renamed to:
"3rd-gen wiring diagrams"
StevenK
Verrrrry niiiiiice :clap:
89WHITEGTA
lou's da man :headbang:
BigBadLou
I do what I can to help out.
:bis:

:thumbsup:
Lou
89WHITEGTA
now if I could just get you to my house I need help.
StevenK
We need to market "Lou in a can, just add water"
BigBadLou
Schedule a fix day at your house, Bert, we'll show up.

Lou
BigBadLou
Just added more rare diagrams, like radio, hatch release, convertible tonneau cover release, PL, PM, PS etc.
Also named all the instrument cluster diagrams so now you can pick the one you need instead of having to download 5 of them just to see which one has the gauge you're looking for (which was pretty annoying especially on dial-up at Steven's parents place).

Hope this helps!!
Lou

P.S.: Btw, yes it helps. Whenever a 3rdgenner (mostly TGO members) asks me for help, I refer them to OUR diagrams here that I put up. It brings traffic to the site and makes us look good too. :thumbupwink:
StevenK
:clap:
89WHITEGTA
nice
BigBadLou
I've been linking the diagrams on TGO, almost every day.

But does it do anything for our site, Steven?

Should I maybe link them to the main TechDB page and tell them "the diagrams are there, look 'em up"?? The page has advertisements too, right? Would it help any, you think?

Lou
StevenK
Linking directly to the image file or to the page?

Doesnt' really matter too much to me anyways, hot linking to TGO is one of the accepted uses of ATGO bandwith
BigBadLou
I post links directly to the diagrams (GIFs, JPEGs). Can I do it better to get us some extra advertisement payout?

Lou
StevenK
Nope, but thats ok, you could make alink to the tech page right after you link the images. for more info go to blah blah
BigBadLou
Good idea. Will do.

Lou
BigBadLou
Just scanned and posted about a hundred more diagrams. These are VERY DETAILED diagrams of every system on a 1992 Camaro. The diagrams include ground labels and connector labels too. These are much better than the generic Seloc diagrams.

Enjoy!!
Lou
StevenK
Very nice  8)
BigBadLou
Ok, more diagrams.
Added links to detailed diagrams for 1984 and 1986 vehicles.
Also posted C100 and C207 connector pinouts for different years. Very useful.

Enjoy!
Lou
brisco
QUOTE(BigBabyLou @ Jun 30 2006, 09:09 AM) *
It's not easy to find references for gauge wiring. Online or in the books.
I scanned my "special" manual that has wiring for gauges. However, even this manual was missing the gauge diagrams for the 1986-88 models, so sorry about that.
[s:172ad06796]I put up all the diagrams for all the years I could find in a new tech article: Gauge wiring diagrams.[/s:172ad06796]
If you have any questions about the wiring, feel free to ask.
Lou
Since it's not easy to find other diagrams either, I uploaded wiring schematics for ALL years and ALL engines.
The tech article has been renamed to:
"3rd-gen wiring diagrams"

Hello. I am new here and need to see this information. It there a glitch in this link? I am looking for the c207 pinouts but not on the white side. I need to know where the wires from the black side go and if some of them need +bat, +ign or ground ect. Is there anyone that can help me out?
StevenK
I modified the first post to correct the link. Its: http://www.austinthirdgen.org/index.php?pid=19 for the wiring diagrams.

You can find all the "extras" if you go to the main page and look in the navigation box on the left.
brisco
I am new to all this. This is grean information but is there any diagram that would show the c207 and have a routing of the wires? Or show me the whole wiring diagram for the car and have the c207 indicated within it? Please let me know. I am stuck on a project and want to make sure that I have wired everything properly. I need to know what terminals on the c207 are important in a swap to a car that was carb and where they would connect to. I have an 89 camaro 305 tpi going in a 76 camaro
BigBadLou
See my reply on TGO again. No need to litter other threads.

Lou
brisco
just trying to find what I need by reaching the most viewers.
BigBadLou
Added more diagrams.
Well, added the SAME diagrams but in negative, i.e. white-on-black (instead of black-on-white).
They are much easier on the eyes.
At the end of the diagram page, there is a link to the WoB diagram page.

Enjoy!
Lou
Better Daze
QUOTE(BigBadLou @ Sep 2 2012, 12:14 PM) *
Added more diagrams.
Well, added the SAME diagrams but in negative, i.e. white-on-black (instead of black-on-white).
They are much easier on the eyes.
At the end of the diagram page, there is a link to the WoB diagram page.

Enjoy!
Lou

New member here, longtime TGO member. Sorry to dredge up an old thread. We have used these diagrams religiously and they are much appreciated. The problem is it is very light on Camaro diagrams. No one has come up with any to fill the voids?
BigBadLou
Sorry, that's all the diagrams I could find in the standard Chilton's and Hayes manuals.
Are you looking for something specific?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.