Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pan's Labyrinth-the movie
AustinThirdGen.Org > ATGO Forums > General Discussion
Stephen
Anybody go watch this in the theatres?

Got it on DVD today.  I'm on Chapter 2 in the movie, and about ready to turn the damn thing off!  THE ENTIRE MOVIE IS IN SPANISH!!!  With English subtitles....

If I wanted to READ the damn thing, I would have waited for the book!

Nothing like keeping your eyes focused on the bottom of the screen, and having to READ the whole freaking movie!  Or actually WATCHING the movie, but missing what is being said!

Can you tell?  I HATE SUBTITLES!!!

And yes, I looked at the options...No spoken English, only English subtitles.  I guess all the reviews, including Netfli, failed to mention that part.  I'm so pissed off right now, I'm half tempted to scratch the crap outta the discm and tell Netflix it came that way.  It would serve them right, for leaving out that detail.
StevenK
Doesn't netflix has like a "comments" section for the movies for people to provide feedback?

either way, I hate that shit too
Stephen
Yes, but I don't ever read the Reviews on movies.  I like what *I* like.

I did find something later, that said it was a Cicillian Spanish dialect.  I guess that is more of a Italian/Spanish dialect.  At first I thought it was Italian, but then I recognized a few words...sorta.  I knew they didn't seem QUITE right to me.
BlackBetty
That movie is awesome! I've seen so many foreign films I hardly notice having to read the subtitles. And I absolutely hate english dubbed movies.the voice acting is always cheesy and the voices never match the actor's voice.

Sorry for the rant, but that movie is one of my favorites. If you give it a chance.
-jake
89LS1
QUOTE(BlackBetty @ Dec 27 2011, 07:39 AM) *
I've seen so many foreign films I hardly notice having to read the subtitles. And I absolutely hate english dubbed movies.the voice acting is always cheesy and the voices never match the actor's voice.
-jake

^^^ Some of the best films I have seen were foreign with subtitles. Them there foreigners don't much care for political correctness. Makes some of their movies really good.
Eddy
This thread is over 4 1/2 years old. shrug.gif

BigBadLou
Dude, Jake, you realize you just replied to a f***ing Chink spam-fag-bot that woke up an ancient thread? lol.gif
Banned bot and banned the Asian IP address range to prevent this ass-fags from screwing with us.
89LS1
Lol..hahaha! Holy crap it is old. Who looks at the dates on these things anyway......
BlackBetty
Damn spam bots, get me every time with their amazing linguistics and relevant post comments! Hahaha
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.