Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New car - not 3rd gen
AustinThirdGen.Org > ATGO Forums > General Discussion
Albani
I've been wanting a 4th gen F-body w/ the LS1 for a while. I just couldn't find one I could afford.
Found one I can semi afford, well not really, but what the hell. A one owner from Round Rock, Thomas Wright, anybody know him?
Dealer took my 91 T/A on trade.

My pics are too big to upload, so here is a link to dealer ad. Don't know how long before he deletes it.

http://www.texascent...n-TX-78751.aspx
Stephen
That link is already dead.....
Albani
Damn, that was quick. I'll post pics soon.
Eddy
You had a 91 T/A?

The only cars I remember of the past 47 that you've bought/sold are the yellow Formula and the black Recaro T/A.
biggrin.gif
Albani
I think the 91 T/A was the 5th car after the Formula.
Great year for T/A's but this one needed a lot of work.
Albani
2000 Formula
Stephen
That should hold you until February..... raspberry.gif
85z28
Nice car! How much you want for it?
Albani
Hardee har har...I'm keeping this one guys. What? You don't believe me? biggrin.gif
zimmstoy
Nope. My prediction for 2012. Albani sells this one cause he didn't buy a manual transmission car and seeks the ultimate thirdgen LS1/Manual Formula swap!
Eddy
QUOTE(zimmstoy @ Jan 6 2012, 08:13 PM) *
Nope. My prediction for 2012. Albani sells this one cause he didn't buy a manual transmission car and seeks the ultimate thirdgen LS1/Manual Formula swap!

I'm with Scott on this!

.....but then he will sell the mentioned car and buy a convertible.
Albani
I don't think your prediction will come true Scott, but your description of the ultimate is dead on.
LS1/Manual 3rd gen Formula is my dream. Come on Lottery!
Stephen
Albani bought the donor car & is now hunting a 3rd gen convertible shell!
KOS
I have LS1/manual third gen envy...
Eddy
You have the donor car.

Here's what you need to swap it all into:

CHEAP 92 vert bird

I know a guy with a garage and the ability to do it. naughty.gif

zimmstoy
thats gotta be tempting now... smile.gif

You can get the vert prepped while you prepare to become disinterested in the 4th gen smile.gif
Eddy
It's one that I almost bought a little over a year ago. At that time it had the interior stripped and fresh candy red paint on it.
BigBadLou
So how is it otherwise? Is it worth the money for a restoration project? Is it eaten through with cancer? Electrical all cut up into pieces? Mice? Ants? Mold? Carbed motor?
Albani
QUOTE(BigBadLou @ Jan 7 2012, 04:51 PM) *
So how is it otherwise? Is it worth the money for a restoration project? Is it eaten through with cancer? Electrical all cut up into pieces? Mice? Ants? Mold? Carbed motor?

It's actually in real good shape. I feel I got a good deal, but still way more then I usually spend.
I think it is stock except air intake and exhaust. One owner bought new at Classic in Round Rock.
Eddy
QUOTE(BigBadLou @ Jan 7 2012, 03:51 PM) *

I haven't seen it in person, only pics a year ago. They have a clear title and it runs. Not to mention it's a vert bird. If I didn't have more important priorities it would already be in my garage. It's well worth $600.
topduarte
Chris and I saw the 2000 Formula this evening. Very nice, extemely clean, very nice sound, very clean interior.

It was garage kept because before I got in the car, I figured it had 80k to 120k miles.

It has 225k miles ohmy.gif very well taken care of. Great buy.

No fade on the body or trim.

Only flaws I saw were one crack on each door panel.

You will be shocked at the condition of this car with that many miles.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.