Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where can I get paint?
AustinThirdGen.Org > ATGO Forums > General Discussion
Eddy
I'm looking for a specific color paint for my car. Where online can I order a gallon of paint Ford uses on a certain car? I really wanted a color Lamborghini uses but I found something similar that I like better on a Ford and I'm assuming a Ford color will be much cheaper than a Lambo color.
89LS1
I would say lookup what kind of paint the vehicle has that you like then go to the manufacture. PPG,
Etc...

If it turns out to be PPG I can set you up with a friend who only deals with that and one other paint brand.
Eddy
The only problem is that I haven't found the code yet. It was only offered one year on one car with one package.
BigBadLou
Is it the canary green color, Eddy? I hope not because if you spray the convertible with that crap, I'm gonna de-friend you on FagBook. Oh right, I don't have an account there - duh. lol.gif
Eddy
Canary green? Never seen that. Sounds interesting.

I want Verde Ithaca, but I'm really leaning towards ultimate green on the 09 Focus RS.

I finally found the paint code, its 9GFE5ZA. Now I just have to find it.
BigBadLou
Yeah, that kind of green: Verde Ithaca google images

Dude, if you put this lime/canary green on your convertible, I will be sad that you destroyed a perfectly good car that had the potential to be gorgeous. Don't do it!!
Eddy
Lou, that's just sexy! I love it! It's different. I don't want to be the cliche black, red, or white. Imagine it with black hockey stripes, headlight buckets, and a matching green/black interior.
Albani
I really like this color.
I really like this car w/ this color.
I really like the wheels on this car.

This car
BIG_J
Come up here to Napa on north Lamar. We mix paint. If you don't to the paint code, we have a big book of colors.
89LS1
Napa north Lamar? Suppose you know my wife's mother. Joni
It's a small world after all....
Eddy
What do yall charge for a gallon of mixed paint?
BigBadLou
And what kind of paint is it? Do you sell primer too? And clear coat?

Thanks.
BIG_J
Yes, I know Joni she is the best driver we have. I don't know cost, I'm in the back, we don't deal with it . But I know we have clear, and everything needed to paint.
BIG_J
We also fill nos bottles here, just put them in the freezer three night before you want it filled.
BigBadLou
Do you also fill regular scuba tanks with 3000psi air? Or do you not have compressors for that?
Eddy
QUOTE(BigBadLou @ Jan 19 2012, 04:25 PM) *
Do you also fill regular scuba tanks with 3000psi air? Or do you not have compressors for that?

For your bad ass BB gun?

BigBadLou
QUOTE(Eddy @ Jan 19 2012, 06:41 PM) *
For your bad ass BB gun?

For a secret project that will make your LT1 feel like a Civic. wink.gif
Eddy
Well, if things come together like I'm hoping they will then the LT1 will get replaced with something more modern.

What are you scheming? Ratchet strap a tank to the trunk and break off the valve for boost?
BigBadLou
We can talk offline sometime. Let's not litter this thread.
Sorry, guys, back on topic.
Eddy
So far Jack's place can mix paint. Don't know the brand or cost but local is good. I went to Sherwin Williams on MLK a few years ago before I painted my bird with tractor paint. They wanted $300 for a gallon of the cheap single stage red paint that the guy told me would fade out in 3-4 years. I'm going to stay away from them since I'm sure they're going to want A LOT more for an uncommon color base coat.

I'm still looking for something online that I can go around the middle man mark-up so that I don't end up paying more for paint than I did for the car. As amazing as the cheap tractor paint came out on the bird I feel like I MUST use two stage auto paint on the vert.
BIG_J
I know from what I have seen, most pints of paint are around 50ish. If you they can't give a exact price over the phone, but call 512-833-7900 and speak with Cruz or Joe, and they can give you an idea. Lo, we can not fill scuba tanks. Lol.
BIG_J
Asked about a gal. They told me about $100
89LS1
Ask Robby on afb (LS7S10) he paints with PPG and Diamond, I believe he gets pretty good prices on his paint. Worth a shot. Or if your not on there I can ask him for you, I see him a bit, good friend.
zimmstoy
QUOTE(Eddy @ Jan 19 2012, 07:59 PM) *
So far Jack's place can mix paint. Don't know the brand or cost but local is good. I went to Sherwin Williams on MLK a few years ago before I painted my bird with tractor paint. They wanted $300 for a gallon of the cheap single stage red paint that the guy told me would fade out in 3-4 years. I'm going to stay away from them since I'm sure they're going to want A LOT more for an uncommon color base coat.
I'm still looking for something online that I can go around the middle man mark-up so that I don't end up paying more for paint than I did for the car. As amazing as the cheap tractor paint came out on the bird I feel like I MUST use two stage auto paint on the vert.

I have used Tasco Autocolor off Burnet - give em a shout - i have no idea what they get for the paint. I know they do mix ppg.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.