Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Swap
AustinThirdGen.Org > ATGO Forums > Automotive Discussion
collin2201
I'm prepping to swap my 305 TPI for a 350 TPI, it is just a matter of finding a 350.

What do you guys think of this long block:
http://www.rebuilt-auto-engines.com/cgi-bi...-05112309390.4d

I could could use everything from my 305, but I'd need a new chip, knock sensors, and injectors, right?
What else would be required for the swap?

If you all have any suggestions or better deals as far as a crate engine, I'm all ears.

Currently living in an apartment in College Station, I have no means to do the swap myself. Have to start looking for a shop to help me along. So if anyone would offer assistance in the swap, I'd greatly appreciate it.
collin2201
And if I was to use that long block in the link, about how much should a mechanic charge to swap the 305 out for the 350?

Advice and input are welcome!
89LS1
Just purchase a COMPLETE 5.3 with or without trans and do that swap. Still come in CHEAPER than that long block alone. You can find low milage 5.3's w/ auto trans for around 900.00 That is COMPLETE engine, trans, wiring harness (minus pcm connector which most likely have been cut). All you would need is a $100 fuel pump and a PCM w/ vats flashed out.
85z28
QUOTE(89LS1 @ Apr 27 2012, 07:49 AM) *
Just purchase a COMPLETE 5.3 with or without trans and do that swap. Still come in CHEAPER than that long block alone. You can find low milage 5.3's w/ auto trans for around 900.00 That is COMPLETE engine, trans, wiring harness (minus pcm connector which most likely have been cut). All you would need is a $100 fuel pump and a PCM w/ vats flashed out.

This^
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.