Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: automatic passenger window issue
AustinThirdGen.Org > ATGO Forums > Automotive Discussion
juju
Over the last few weeks I've been trying to fix my passenger window so I can roll it up with all of the rain. I don't know what other part to try replacing aside from the motor. We tried that and it didn't work at all. Any idea where the short or part I need is? I've been looking online and all I can find is just different brands of motors I can use.
BigBadLou
If you replaced the motor with no success and I assume the other side works fine, I would be looking at the window switch or wiring problem.
The power windows wiring diagram with wire colors.

Btw, what rain? Wacha talkin' 'bout, Willis? We haven't had a drop of rain in several months here.
juju
Haha it's actually rained quite a bit these last couple months at my house. Plus the morning dew is really heavy here and it soaks the seats pretty bad. The last thing I need on top of needing a new transmission and working window is mildew. tongue.gif But I am going to save that chart for reference to rule out some parts hopefully. But thank you. <3
BigBadLou
Any progress? Easy way to start the elimination process would be to swap the two window switches.
juju
I haven't been able to get it in to look at it yet. The other car (Taurus....F***ing fords) I drive just started dying randomly while I was driving it. SO now I gotta wait until that gets resolved and then I can give my bird some tlc. She needs the transmission fixed up at some point too. That's been slowly dying for about....4 yrs now. XD
Stephen
What did you meant by "automatic"? 3rd gens didn't have the 1-touch power windows like the newer cars do. If those are what you were thinking of, you gotta hold the buttons down until the window is up/down where you want it to be.
juju
QUOTE(Stephen @ Dec 12 2012, 05:33 PM) *
What did you meant by "automatic"? 3rd gens didn't have the 1-touch power windows like the newer cars do. If those are what you were thinking of, you gotta hold the buttons down until the window is up/down where you want it to be.

Sorry I mean automatic as in push 'da button and the window goes down, instead of a manual roll up window. tongue.gif I forget they have those windows that you tap a little and it rolls all the way down. I used to hate those. I'm like *click* CRAP *gail force winds going down the freeway blowing my hair everywhere* just trying to smoke my ciggie. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.