Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dead on arrival
AustinThirdGen.Org > ATGO Forums > General Discussion
Bromark58
I just bought a 92 RS that was running until I got it home. I got it parked and before I turned it off it lost all power and lights. I have attempted to start it but nothing happens. I am wondering if I may have blown a fuse or something. Any ideas as to what to look at?
BigBadLou
Welcome to ATGO! wchich part of town do you hail from?
Try checking the battery terminals and if they are aftermarket, check also the cable connections. They can often build up resistance and interrupt the current flow at the wrong time.
Of course break out the test light and chase the power, that's the easiest way to find the break in the chain.
Bromark58
QUOTE(BigBadLou @ Aug 11 2016, 11:36 PM) *
Welcome to ATGO! wchich part of town do you hail from?
Try checking the battery terminals and if they are aftermarket, check also the cable connections. They can often build up resistance and interrupt the current flow at the wrong time.
Of course break out the test light and chase the power, that's the easiest way to find the break in the chain.

Thanks for the tips BigBadLou. I took the battery out and the negative terminal fell off. Put it back on and used the jump box to fire it up. biggrin.gif
I lived in Copperfield, South Aystin and Kyle. I am currently in the midst of NASCAR country in Salisbury, NC. THAT IS CLOSE TO Charlotte and Concord where the race track is.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.